Hi, my name is Neil and thanks for visiting my website and showing an interest in my wedding photography. I was born and raised in Reading and upon leaving college back in the 80’s I took a few dead end jobs before setting up a portrait studio with my father John. Photography was always my passion and it was therefore a dream come true to make a living from it. The studio specialises in photographing families and children. In addition to this I photography around 25 weddings a year. I live just a few minutes away from the studio and am happily married with 2 teenage kids.
I’m genuinely interested in other cultures and have a real passion for travel and meeting people. Its why wedding photography is the ideal profession for me. I’ve travelled the length and breadth of Europe as well as America and Australia. Its a great opportunity to try out my language skills as well. I’m pretty conversant in French, German, Danish and Dutch so am always looking at every opportunity to try these out even though everyone wants to speak English to me !
Why you should book me
* 30+ years experience of shooting weddings, having shot well over one thousand – Less chance of me botching up !
* Truthful and honest photography. Photography free from trends and gimmickry, photography that wont date.
* I’m a great guy to have around, I get on with everyone. See what my clients say !
* Small cameras and minimal equipment. I’ve recently moved over to shooting with Fuji XT-2 cameras. Why is this important you may ask ? It means I blend in better with your guests, I don’t look like the official photographer as they are much smaller, almost pocketable. With their tilt screens I also have much more choice of different angles. As expected I carry spare cameras, lenses and flash guns should anything go wrong.
* In the event of illness I have many excellent colleagues who can cover me at very short notice. I’m a member of several forums and we occasionally help each other out in emergencies. These will be very experienced wedding photographers, not part timers or students, who work in a very similar style to me.
* I have all the usual insurance stuff including public liability and professional indemnity.
* I’m a fully qualified member of The Master Photographers Association (MPA) In the unlikely event you’re not happy with my service or product then you can contact them for advice.
* Simple a la carte pricing. I charge per hour so you can decide how long you want me for. If you only require a few hours coverage right up to a full day I have appropiate pricing
Bonnie and Mark – wedding Syon Park, Middlesex – ‘Thanks again Neil. Mark and I are completely delighted with your work and you’re amongst the top wedding photojournalists in the UK — we looked at the best in the UK amongst many, many others but are so happy we went with you. You are at least as talented, if not more so, far better value and a great person to boot! Bonnie’